CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Labels

Monday, January 3, 2011

You are beautiful

I tried to write and post this early this morning, but my little "monkey" decided to play under the desk and I guess the red light on the power strip looked like it needed to be pressed...so...I lost everything.  I hope I can remember everything I wanted to say about his subject.  Here goes.


I started this blogging journey by finding God's inspiration while doing my normal chores and thing during the day.  Today post will not disappoint, as I was inspired to write this post while I was washing my dishes by hand.  I had the radio set on 95.1, Shine FM, and the D.J. dedicates this song to a few of her girlfriends who struggle with self esteem issues. The song Beautiful, by Mercy Me came on.  Now I've heard this song a least 100 times over the past year.  I hadn't really listened to the lyrics, but I could sing along to the chorus, "You're beautiful, you're beautiful, you're made for so much more than this..."  If I'm being honest, I thought the song was talking about God/Jesus being beautiful...I was wrong!  *For complete lyrics for this song, check out this link: http://www.elyrics.net/read/m/mercyme-lyrics/beautiful-lyrics.html.


So I'm standing at the sink singing "you're beautiful" when the bridge of the song catches my attention.  There is a line that says: "Of all the wonders He possessed/There was one more precious....You're beautiful".  Now I'm figuring out that the song is talking about me-or you.  It hits me that I had never thought about God's love like this, EVER.  I think the point of the song (to me) is that of all of God's creations, we are the ones he is madly in love with.  Now let's bring this home.


How many times have you sat in the sand at the oceans shore and lapped up the lovely sunshine and thought of how awesome God is for making such beauty?  Have you ever gone to snow capped mountains and looked down over the expanse and praised God for his marvelous wonders?  How about all the times you've seen the sun rise or set and realized that God was right on point when he said that, "It was good".  Have you ever seen a meadow and off in the distance you see a doe and her baby grazing in the field and marveled at the beauty?  Well, every time God looks down at you he thinks the same thing.  You see, God didn't send his son to die for the ocean or it's beautiful sandy beaches.  He didn't sacrifice himself for mountain tops or deer.  He is madly in love with YOU.  We worship him because of His creation and beauty, and rightly so.  He deserves all honor and glory, but don't forget to worship him for YOU.


In Luke 12, Jesus is talking to his disciples about money and worrying about what you have or don't have.  Luke 12:24 says. "Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds!" How many times have you read this verse or heard it?  I know I have heard it all  my life.  Today, however, it means something different to me.  Notice Jesus says, you are far more valuable to him than any birds.  He says we're valuable, of worth, important, vital, essential and significant.  God loves us-like a high school crush.  He is just waiting for us to notice his advances.  He wants to be near us, more, he wants us to want to be near him.  All he is looking for is a relationship, a special friendship, a romance between him and you.  He wants to court you, to woo you.  He is the ultimate---well, everything!  He's the best listener, comforter, healer, counselor and friend. 


In Luke 19:10 Jesus says, "For the Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost.”  People don't seek for things that they don't want.  You don't go looking for lost trash.  No, you seek things that are important to you.  Things that if they were lost, would change your life.  You look for your car keys because it may change your life if you had to walk to work and were 2 hours late because of it.  You could lose your job.  You look for a child who is lost, because they are dear to you and life would never be the same if they weren't found.  You look for your favorite earring that has gone missing because you put value on it.  Jesus didn't come to seek out the trivial "junk", he came to seek out YOU, the most important thing to him.


So whenever Satan tell you that you are insignificant, unimportant and unworthy, I want you to scream back in his face, I am important, God chose me, the Bible tells me God loves me and I don't believe your lies!  Let God's truth and love resonate in your spirit.  Don't let a low self esteem stand in your way anymore.


Before you ever took a breath
Long before the world began
Of all the wonders He possessed
There was one more precious
Of all the earth and skies above
You're the one He madly loves
Enough to die!

You're beautiful, You're beautiful

0 comments:

Post a Comment